Chicken, Bacon & Leek PiePosted on January 29th, 2017 by Zoë
I am still in the process of devising an acceptable grain free pie crust, but for the moment, this will do nicely!
- 100g leftover roast chicken
- 500ml chicken stock
- One large leek
- 4 rashers of bacon
- 4 large chestnut mushrooms
- 50 g of butter
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- 1 tbsp (approx.) double cream
- 1 tsp tarragon
- Couple of sprigs of thyme
- Salt & pepper
- Splash of white wine
- 2 medium potatoes
- Knob of butter
- Splash of whole milk
- Salt & pepper
- Handful of cheddar cheese
- Heat up the butter in a large frying pan.
- Fry the leeks and chestnut mushrooms until softened.
- Add the bacon and fry until slightly browned.
- Add in the roast chicken and warm through.
- Add in the tarragon and thyme.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until soft.
- While the potatoes are boiling, pour the chicken stock into the leek and chicken mixture and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Mash the potato with the butter and milk, adding in a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the crème fraiche, splash of white wine and double cream to the chicken and leek mixture, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Put the chicken and leek mixture into a pie dish with the mash on top.
- Sprinkle on some cheddar and grill until golden and bubbly.
Philly Steak Stuffed PeppersPosted on September 9th, 2016 by Ben
This is a nice easy dinner, perfect as a Friday night treat. Use a good quality minute or frying steak, and we’ve used the French cheese Morbier because it has a tang to it and goes lovely and melty. You can use Emmental or anything like that as an alternative.